Home Articles FAQs XREF Games Software Instant Books BBS About FOLDOC RFCs Feedback Sitemap
irt.Org

BBS: Re: MS FrontPage98/Access97 database error - July 08, 1998 at 09:44:32

You are here: irt.org | BBS | Re: MS FrontPage98/Access97 database error [This BBS is closed]

Posted by Tricia Newbre on July 08, 1998 at 09:44:32:

In Reply to: Re: MS FrontPage98/Access97 database error posted by Dan Ambrose on July 07, 1998 at 23:52:10:

: : I need some help figuring out an error message I'm getting.
: : I'm trying to set up an HTML form which collects information from the user, then posts it to an Access97 database. I've found a fairly useful article on the MS support site which goes through the process step by step, and I followed the procedure exactly (twice, in fact, just to be sure everything was correct.). When I filled out the sample form I had created, I got the following error message:

: : Database Error: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] The INSERT INTO statement contains the following unknown field name:
: : 'FirstName'. Make sure you've typed the name correctly, and try the operation again.

: : Can anybody give me a hint as to how to get this working?

: : Thanks!
: : Tricia Newbre

: Im assuming your using ASP?
: Make sure the field, 'FirstName' is in the database your inserting
: information into. Case-matching. That's what that error usually means.
: If you still cant find the problem please put
: what put you put for the SQL statement.
: your sql statement should look something like this:
: Insert into TableName (FirstName) values (Dan) .....etc
: thanks, and good luck!
: Dan Ambrose

Yeah, I'm using ASP. That's what I thought at first also - that I had spelled the lable differently or something. So I cut-and-pasted from the database into the SQL. Here's what the SQL statement looks like:

Insert into Employees (FirstName, LastName, EmailName) values ('%%FirstName%%','%%LastName%%','%%EmailName%%')
(This is basically a direct copy of the SQL statement in the article - I'm going through the sample exactly before I try using an actual DB.)

Thanks for the help...
Tricia Newbre

Follow-ups:

You are here: irt.org | BBS | Re: MS FrontPage98/Access97 database error [This BBS is closed]

©2018 Martin Webb