Home Articles FAQs XREF Games Software Instant Books BBS About FOLDOC RFCs Feedback Sitemap
irt.Org

BBS: Re: Problems with frames. A solution? - July 14, 1998 at 09:59:33

You are here: irt.org | BBS | Re: Problems with frames. A solution? [This BBS is closed]

Posted by Rob Friesel on July 14, 1998 at 09:59:33:

In Reply to: Re: Problems with frames. A solution? posted by Enrique Reyes on July 07, 1998 at 19:37:32:

Not to sound at all insulting, but if it were as simple as that, I wouldn't be seeking help. Imagine this, I have used HTML to define a primary frameset which defines two frames (one a "menu" column, the other a "content" frame). Let's assume that after browsing two or three levels deep down one of the site's legs, it becomes time to replace this frameset with something else (either another frameset or HTML document). Unfortunately, my problem comes into effect when I want to jump back up several levels and re-establish that intitial frameset, but instead of placing the front page into that content frame, I want to place something else.

You might get a better idea of what I mean if you check the site out [ http://zappa.mmcri.mmc.org/ ]. The frameset established when you first arrive is the one I'm referring to.

: What I am suggesting is to have a "universal" frameset; i.e, don't have the frameset written by the javascript. Use a nav frame, for instance with your nav document and a main frame wich loads "empty.html".
: Then, in the head section of the frameset document put the javascript that extracts the search property of the location and load the apropiate document into the apropiate/s frame/s.
Follow-ups:

You are here: irt.org | BBS | Re: Problems with frames. A solution? [This BBS is closed]

©2018 Martin Webb