Home Articles FAQs XREF Games Software Instant Books BBS About FOLDOC RFCs Feedback Sitemap
irt.Org

BBS: Re: Mouseover effect and layers - August 01, 1998 at 07:54:53

You are here: irt.org | BBS | Re: Mouseover effect and layers [This BBS is closed]

Posted by Yvan Gagnon on August 01, 1998 at 07:54:53:

In Reply to: Re: Mouseover effect and layers posted by Martin Webb on July 31, 1998 at 13:51:28:

Well, that seemed to do the trick. You know what, though? It seems to achieve the same exact effect that reloading the whole friggin page does. I'm disappointed. You know, .. I've been waiting almost three weeks for an answer to this one, and as it turns out, I could have just put a simpe "meta refresh" in the head tag. Beat.

BTW, .. the function I created seems to work only when I place it in the same document that the layers are in. I tried putting the function in a hidden frame that calls the function onLoad (in the body statement) and putting a meta refresh in that document so that every time the hidden frame reloads, the function reloads the frame that has the layers in it, and it gives me error messages. The syntax I used was:

document.layers['text1'].window.FrameName.location.reload ()

I tried other variations, too, but none of them seemed to work. Just out of curiosity, .. would you know what the proper syntax would be to achieve this? How would I refresh a layer that's in a another frame?

Thanks again man.
Follow-ups:

You are here: irt.org | BBS | Re: Mouseover effect and layers [This BBS is closed]

©2018 Martin Webb