Home Articles FAQs XREF Games Software Instant Books BBS About FOLDOC RFCs Feedback Sitemap
irt.Org

BBS: Re: WP/MSWord to HTML converter - August 21, 1998 at 13:38:35

You are here: irt.org | BBS | Re: WP/MSWord to HTML converter [This BBS is closed]

Posted by Rob Friesel on August 21, 1998 at 13:38:35:

In Reply to: WP/MSWord to HTML converter posted by Tricia Newbre on August 21, 1998 at 11:40:13:

: Does anybody know of a *good* WordPerfect or MSWord to HTML converter? I've tried the "export/publish to HTML" functions in both these programs and the HTML they produce is essentially worthless! I have to spend just as much time fixing the formatting as I would just typing the document in as straight HTML.
: thanks!
: Tricia

Hate to break it to you, but you aren't going to find one. Trust me, I've looked and looked and looked -- but all machine generated HTML looks the same to me -- like crap. Your best bet is just to copy the text into a basic text editor, use style sheets, and add the tags yourselves. I'd wager you spend LESS time on that than trying to fix all the machine generated errors in syntax.
Follow-ups:

You are here: irt.org | BBS | Re: WP/MSWord to HTML converter [This BBS is closed]

©2018 Martin Webb