Home Articles FAQs XREF Games Software Instant Books BBS About FOLDOC RFCs Feedback Sitemap
irt.Org

BBS: Re-directing access within frames - implentation problem - August 08, 1998 at 12:44:49

You are here: irt.org | BBS | Re-directing access within frames - implentation problem [This BBS is closed]

Posted by Mike Charter on August 08, 1998 at 12:44:49:

Hi

As a beginner to javascript can I just say I find your web site really informative - although I think I'm a little slow on the uptake!

I have a framespage which contains 3 frames: one across the top ("banner") a map on the left ("contents") and member details on the right ("main").

By default I need the initial_map_page.htm to show in the "main" frame.

Elsewhere on the site I have a search engine which gives URL's to the member pages, but they show on their own, rather than in the "main" frame of the frameset.

Ths situation is almost a carbon copy of the example you give, which I have tried to follow to the letter. My browser won't recognise the 'test.htm?display' equivolent (for me it is 'western_europe.htm?main') saying no such page.

Obviously I am going wrong somewhere and would be very grateful if someone could put me right!

The source code for the frames page is:

<frameset framespacing="0" border="false" frameborder="0" rows="47,*">
<frame name="banner" scrolling="no" noresize target="contents" src="menu/search_menu.htm"
marginwidth="0" marginheight="5">
<frameset cols="50%,50%">
<frame name="contents" target="main" src="western_europe_map.htm" scrolling="no"
marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">
<frame name="main" src="initial_map_page.htm" scrolling="auto" marginwidth="0"
marginheight="0">
</frameset>

which I have changed to:

<script LANGUAGE="JavaScript">

</script>

Thanks again for taking a look at this - and apologies for the long posting

Mike
Follow-ups:

You are here: irt.org | BBS | Re-directing access within frames - implentation problem [This BBS is closed]

©2018 Martin Webb